A brief history lesson.
20.3 — August 23, 2020
Another small update this time.
- Even more undo fixes. I really think it works this time?
- Better preview when sharing animations.
- The thumbnails in the gallery now have more accurate colors. Make any change to an existing animation to “fix” the thumbnail.
- Fixed the current version number in settings; it now shows the correct version number instead of “20.0”.
20.2 — July 7, 2020
This release is just a bit of spit and polish on everything.
- Fixed a few bugs related to undo.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a new page would duplicate the previous page.
- Minor visual tweaks (buttons look button-ier)
20.1 — May 18, 2020
This new version of Kineo adds support for the new keyboard and cursor integration on iPad. You can now use a trackpad or mouse to select images, draw, and more!
This version also includes:
- Fixing a bug where undoing a drawing would not save
- Improvements to VoiceOver support for looping or bouncing an animation
- Minor user interface improvements
20.0 — April 1, 2020
Kineo is back! I figured a decade without an update was enough time to need more than just a minor update, so let's do a full reboot! Brand-new features include:
- Multiple drawing tools
- iCloud syncing
- Video export and sharing
- iMessage sticker support
1.3 — April 1, 2010
Added iPad universal version.
1.2.1 — February 3, 2010
The release notes for this version are lost to history. As are the release notes (and, for that matter, the release date) for versions 1.2, 1.1.1, 1.1, 1.0.5, 1.0.3, 1.0.2, and 1.0.1. The App Store literally didn’t track release dates before that. I don’t know where I’d even go to look up that kind of information. Sorry. :(
And yes, that list of release versions is correct. No, I don’t know why there isn’t a 1.0.4. I blame App Review Gremlins.
1.0 — August 4, 2008
The ultimate waiting room, classroom, or meeting room application, Kineo lets you create dazzling animations on your iPhone or iPod touch! With just a flick of your finger, a twist of your wrist, and a little help from Kineo, you can let your creativity flow.
And Kineo makes creating your animations a snap, as it shows you a faint reminder of the previous page.
- Beautifully designed and easy to use user interface
- Quickly and easily create the frames that result in a smooth and satisfying flipbook
- Colors build up for easy shading
- Shake to erase and undo!
- An underlay of the last frame makes it easy to draw the next frame
- Store unlimited flipbooks to show your friends
Follow @kineoapp on Twitter for news about updates, new releases, promotions, and more.